ADP is hiring a Manager of Finance. In this position, as a part of the Worldwide Sales Finance team, you will provide financial and strategic decision support ensuring achievement of short and long-term financial goals specifically to the Inside Sales organization (inclusive of Insurance Services Sales) which are is integral part of all business unit sales teams within ADP.
Collaborating with management and other partners, the Manager assists with the facilitation of understanding the business dynamics which includes productivity and business analysis. Driving financial best practices, the Manager will optimize financial opportunities regarding sales growth and selling expense management throughout the organization. The Manager acts as a support function to the operating plan, forecast process, and management reporting/financial close activities. In addition, the Manager is responsible for managing processes and business relationships to achieve key goals and objectives.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Business Analysis: Uses deep understanding of objectives, issues and root causes and provides insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
- Creates financial models, research and analyses of trends, leading indicators and business statistics
- Utilizes data infrastructure by extracting, aggregating, and dissecting financial data and performance metrics; highlights findings for management review
- Business Partnering: Partners with Key Stakeholders and Business Partners to align on business priorities and drive effective solutions/execution.
- Constructively communicates compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtains necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives
- Builds working relationships with business management and other partners in support of key priorities and objectives through complex analytics and insights
- Leverages networks and collaborates with resources across organization to achieve business objectives
- Strategic Planning and Initiatives: Supports management to develop strategies and initiatives to drive growth and margin improvements.
- Assists in the development of business cases and recommendations on financial strategies focused on business growth/market presence and margin improvement.
- Maintains an awareness of general economic, competitive, business and financial conditions and communicates impact on business operations to key stakeholders
- Operating Planning and Forecasting: Supports management to create an annual operating plan that is aligned to the strategic plan and performs forecasting to provide visibility into business results to enable business decisions
- Supports and provides business analysis for operating planning and forecasting
- Financial Operational Policy: Establishes and maintains consistent financial operational policies and procedures to govern related practices
- Ensures continued compliance with all financial operational policies and procedures; recommends modifications as needed
- Talent Development and Management: Deliberately builds capability for short and long term
- Sets direction, goals and expectations about performance, holds associates accountable for development and provides appropriate feedback
- Management Reporting and Financial Close Activities: Produces and distributes recurring and ad hoc management reports.
- Partners with the Accounting and QTC organizations to support close activities to enable accurate accounting and reporting
- Leverages recurring and ad hoc management reporting to identify trends, build business cases, highlight opportunities and risks, and drive business decision making
- BS — Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- 6+ Years of Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis including 1+ Years of People Leadership (direct or indirect)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- MBA or credits toward MBA, or MS in Business Analytics or similar degree
- Post MBA Internship/Development Program
- Consulting Experience
- Functional Competencies: This position requires the following Decision Support Competencies
- Business Analysis and Acumen (Skillful): Uses and coaches others to use a disciplined problem solving approach; uses advanced modeling techniques, synthesizing and simplifying financial and non-financial data; uses experience, judgment and solid business acumen to offer insights; shares insights, even if unpopular.
- Technical Acumen (Skillful): Has advanced desktop application skills and full understanding of systems, including, but not limited to Hyperion Essbase/Smartview, Oracle, Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint; creates complex reports; continually looks to improve processes, reporting formats and capabilities and partners with others to make improvements.
- Trains others in these skills.
- Influential Business Partner (Skillful): Builds strong relationships with business partners and is sought out for Finance expertise; can communicate the story behind the numbers by using narratives and shaping presentations for the audience; will challenge others’ assumptions and create shared understanding; steps up to conflict and has a variety of influencing approaches.
- Leadership Expectations: This position emphasizes the following six (out of nine) Leadership Expectations
- Strategy and Planning (Skillful): Sets direction for the team, is skillful at creating realistic plans for teams to accomplish tasks and projects, and applies measures for team performance.
- Results Accountability (Skillful): Sets high standards for self and others, uses solid judgment to juggle competing priorities and demonstrates the ability to focus team on priorities that matter most.
- Impactful Communication (Skillful): Is a strong communicator who can motivate a team to align around a vision and values, and keep people informed; is an excellent listener and has a communication style that is adaptable to a variety of settings; is effective at delivering presentations.
- Building Talent (Skillful): Builds talent by making coaching and professional development a priority, values diverse talent; delegates appropriately and manages consistently; fosters an environment of knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrates resilience, persistence and curiosity.
- Relationship Building (Skillful): Builds trust and is known as an effective team player and collaborator, builds collegial networks and leverages both formal and informal networks to achieve objectives.
- Bias for Growth (Skillful): Is willing to take an unpopular stand to challenge the status quo, uses logic and data to improve performance, and seeks out creative ideas, practices and solutions to get better results, challenges conventional thinking, and builds support for new ideas.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.