ADP is hiring a Taxonomy & Information Architecture Specialist. In this role you will design and implement comprehensive knowledge taxonomies and metadata schemas that constantly improve the ADP knowledge search and discovery experience for clients and associates. You will develop, maintain, and grow user-centric taxonomies using best practice taxonomy management, metadata and controlled vocabulary principles, standards, and practices. Building cross-functional relationships, you will lead the taxonomy governance framework and sets standards and guidelines to ensure data integrity and continuous growth
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Develop and maintain the ADP knowledge taxonomy (and future ontology), controlled vocabularies, and metadata models utilizing industry best practices for taxonomy development, maturity, and maintenance.
- Develop roadmaps and project plans to continually improve knowledge content findability.
- Consult with internal partners to grow and mature the knowledge taxonomy while applying standards and guidelines.
- Review internal processes and systems to identify the best ways to organize content and identify content gaps.
- Advise technical stakeholders on taxonomy and metadata solutions for improving knowledge search experiences across platforms.
- Continually analyze and evaluate the taxonomy based on stakeholder, client, and associate feedback (usability testing, interviews, surveys, focus-groups) to maintain, mature and grow the taxonomy and controlled vocabularies.
- Analyze data e.g. search logs, metadata usage and other analytics to inform decisions on how to improve the ability to manage and find content.
- Leverage text analytics and semantic technologies to extract metadata from unstructured text.
- Review and research potential taxonomy additions for accuracy and placement in appropriate vocabularies for approval by taxonomy governance council
- Manage the governance framework to support growth and maturity of the ADP knowledge taxonomy.
- Develop taxonomy training and other educational materials.
- Advocate for ADP knowledge taxonomy standards that provide the best experiences internally and externally.
- Develop processes and guidelines to ensure operational understanding and adherence to metadata standards and requirements.
- Create and grow a network of internal taxonomy advocates, raising awareness for metadata value and usage among internal knowledge management and content teams
- Build and cultivate relationships with ADP Knowledge Management leadership in the business, technical teams, and others critical to the success of this role.
- Participate actively on taxonomy-related associations etc. to provide thought leadership and bring an outside-in-perspective to the role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Library/Information Science, Information Management, or Knowledge Engineering, or related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience developing and implementing controlled vocabularies (e.g. taxonomies and/or ontologies) and metadata models, preferably in knowledge management.
- Experience in data modeling or related analytical skills and be able to interact with data modeling professionals
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Master’s degree in library/Information Science, Information Management, or Knowledge Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge Management, Taxonomy or Ontology certification a plus
- AI/Machine Learning certification a plus
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.