ADP is hiring a Full Stack Software Developer.
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you will work within a scrum team to bring the designs and ideas to life for new or improved web applications. This work will support a mix of internal and external clients, and you will be working on projects that are currently in production.
You will start your day on a scrum call to prioritize and track work. Within the team you work on, you will choose user stories to work within a sprint cycle. You will spend most of your day developing and testing your code. Every three weeks, you will be involved in the release activities.
As a Senior Developer, you will work closely with your team to lead and guide projects to success. You’ll have a hands-on role designing, developing, debugging, and deploying software solutions where you can leverage your expertise with the complexities of code. You’ll also serve as a mentor to the junior developers. In the senior role, you will balance the assigning of user stories through prioritization and consideration of the technical interests of each developer on the team. As part of our team, you’ll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what’s next for ADP and the industry. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. A global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more, ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- You’ll start each day with a scrum, working in a team to understand responsibilities, identify any issues, and communicate coding priorities while choosing user stories to complete. You will also participate in other agile ceremonies, including scheduled sprint demos, where you will present your work to up to 90 stakeholders.
- Working in three-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and coding standards. Most of your daily schedule will be software development, but you will also test your code before handing it off to QA for final testing. You won’t just focus on development in this role. You will also be responsible for testing and deployment.
- Continuous Learning. You will attend \”lunch and learn\” sessions to actively collaborate with other developers to share ideas or show what you’ve learned. An eagerness to learn will help you keep up with ever-changing technologies and maintain the ability to create the best tools for our clients.
- You’re working on products currently in use. Those who report to you will act as a point of contact for one day/week, supporting your clients for any urgent issues requiring resolution. You may also have this responsibility. If so, you’ll start those days with your regular work activity but will have to switch gears to a support role as needed throughout your assigned support day.
A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills and experience to do the job.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to net out the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
As a Senior Application Developer, you would be joining us during a time of transformation and growth in our Compliance Solutions (CoSo) group that touch a range of solutions that include tax, compliance, wage payments, wage garnishments, employment verification, W-2 management and much more. In this role, you will be a key part of the Next Generation Tax Platform that lays the foundation for the company’s tax compliance products for companies of all sizes. You will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting transformational journey
With Operational Excellence being one of our key goals, it is critical that you manage project timelines, deployment and operational plans, and budget and ensure that business requirements are met with high quality.
· Collaborate with application architects, developers, product management and other key stakeholders to capture functional and non-functional requirements
· Design and implement automated processes in order to eliminate direct/manual touches to the environments
· Keep up to date on technological changes, especially with regard to job-related languages, operating systems, tools and methodologies. Stays current with skills required for job assignment and progression to further knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Create new solutions in order to push the boundaries of our automation capabilities, integrating and extending existing CI/CD tools
· Simplify and/or enhance APIs that is designed for the right experience and allows the system to scale
· Implement security guidelines, collaborating with the security team
· Experiment and drive the adoption of new tools, practices and cloud solutions (i.e. AWS)
· Support software operations, test and debug programs
· Use Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban) to report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and managers
· Leverage and integrate best practices for continuous process improvement.
o Experience in AWS, Python, Lambda, Kinesis and Database –Mysql/Dynamo DB
o Expert in Java development, object-oriented programming and design patterns
o Strong programming skills with Linux shell scripts (i.e. Bash or similar)
o Good understanding of DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools
o Experience with markup languages (JSON, XML, YAML)
o Experience with API standards (REST, SOAP)
o Experience with SQL and Relational Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL and others)
o Experience with Linux and open source software
o Good understanding of agile development
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o 4 – 6 years of hands-on experience developing objected-oriented applications
o Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline