Unlock Your Career Potential: At ADP, we’re passionate about leading the way in Human Capital Management. Through leading-edge innovation, we’re quickly changing the face of our industry and are looking for the right leaders. If you enjoy taking on challenges, upholding values, energizing a team, and exceeding goals, you’ll fit right in with our dedicated team, who make amazing things happen for each other and our clients every day.
ADP is hiring a Government Affairs Director. In this position, you’ll leverage your knowledge, experience and leadership expertise to support multiple teams, ensuring efficient operations and an overall productive and enjoyable working environment for employees. The Government Affairs Director will communicate regularly with federal regulators and tax administrators to help ensure company policies adhere to statutory requirements.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, and Social Responsibility.
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Manage relationships with key government stakeholders
- Anticipates business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Contributes to solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Works on complex projects to achieve milestones and objectives with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals; contributes to developing the strategy for project execution
- Serve as a resource for other team members, based on a strong working knowledge of team’s responsibilities and goals
- Assist on escalated issues and provide direction
- Function as a consultant and business partner to other organizations within ADP
- Serve as an acting backup to other leaders, providing leadership, guidance and direction to team members in the absence of the leader
- Participate in task forces, strategic initiatives, stretch assignments and collaboration opportunities with other business units
- Advise on the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent in education and experience
- At least 12 years of experience in agency legislation
- Prior government agency experience with in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function of payroll employment tax
- This position can be virtual
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Current or previous IRS Enrolled Agent or CPA staus
- MBA or advanced degree
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts verbally and in writing
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, focused on achieving results
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Ability to recognize basic procedural issues as they arise, and escalate to the appropriate level
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and critical thinking skills and apply basic concepts in new situations
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual and innovative thinking skills used to develop solutions
- Working knowledge of various operating systems
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
In the state of Colorado, we are offering the following benefits (subject to change):
- Salaried and hourly workers who work on average 32 or more standard hours per week:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off
We believe in good faith that compensation for a successful candidate based in Colorado would be between the range listed below.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Compensation range for this role for U.S. Colorado Residents:
- Range minimum: $101,800
- Range maximum: $145,065 + bonus & equity
- Compensation type: Salary