Work Location(s): Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Title: Senior QA Engineer
- Core skills: software Quality Assurance experience, contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools with a focus on web based applications.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software solutions, ensuring they are amenable to test
- Planning of tests, including the definition and management of suitable test data, and managing the trade-offs for thoroughness/completeness vs. development & maintenance effort on one hand and time to execute on the other.
- Reduce friction and latency in the development cycle through automation and immediate feedback; not only test, but also build, deployment, monitoring, etc.
- Writing great software to support agile software engineering practices (e.g., TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Collaborating with product owners, stakeholders and potentially globally distributed teams
- Work cross-functional in an Agile environment
- Participate on all activities for the SCRUM team: release planning, sprint planning, constructions, daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives.
- SQL Experience, preferable Oracle®
- Mock frameworks and Web API testing experience.
- Programming knowledge with relevant stacks.
- Selenium and / or Protractor experience is a plus.
- Coach the team with a quality mindset.
- Design, help implement and improve testing automation for the projects assigned to the team.
- Ensure End2End testing specifications are properly described as user stories acceptance criteria, making sure the team understand the implications for a user story to be accepted.
- Ensure that our applications can scale to match huge demand across the world. Sweat about milliseconds of response time and obsess over the next 1 percent of efficiency
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Masters / Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field with over 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of one of the following languages C#, Java, C++, Ruby, Python
- Experience building and executing automated tests using Selenium
- Experience with xUnit type frameworks (JUnit, NUnit, etc.)
- At least 5 years of experience testing software and web applications in an agile environment
- Expert in automating UI tests with Selenium and Ruby
- Experience configuring Jenkins and extending it with custom plug-ins
- Understanding of enterprise level automation needs and solutions (parallelism, distribution, etc.)
- Familiarity with client side MVC frameworks
- Experience with at least one major server side web development stack, preferably ASP.NET
- Technical knowledge of the least one major RDBMS, preferably SQL Server
- Strong verbal communications, cross-group collaboration skills, analytical, structured and strategic thinking.
- Great interpersonal skills, cultural awareness, belief in teamwork.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Read more about this job