QA Techincal Test Engineer
Main purpose of the job:
To join a fast paced R&D team delivering quality products within an agile development environment by building, prioritising and executing automated and manual test assets.
To bring knowledge and experience of automation testing approaches and work with the team to investigate and implement ways in which the team can increase their overall automated test assets.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will:
* Work within the scrum team building and executing automated acceptance tests using the existing automation frameworks available.
* Develop detailed automated and manual test strategies in accordance with company and industry best practices
* Peer review test plans, test suites, automated and manual test cases
* Work within the scrum team and help to guide the automation approach
* Execute test cases against a multi platform payroll system
* Validate the system against requirements taking into account performance, scalability, security and resilience considerations.
* Use exploratory testing to characterise the behaviour of the system and report that behaviour back to the scrum team.
* Raise and track detailed incident reports
* Must have demonstrable experience of QA Engineering using both automated and manual testing approaches.
* Must have experience of test engineering assuring the quality of complex and ideally multi-platform systems.
* Must have created automated tests in an existing framework within agile team including within continuous integration environments
* Must have experience of building automated and manual test assets using a variety of frameworks and tools.
* Must be a skilled agile practitioner preferably with experience of scrum.
* Possess strong test process understanding and the ability to apply this within various technologies and development approaches.
* Experience of working with automated testing using Selenium web driver or adapted framework and or Ruby framework preferable.
* Experience of working with SQL, web service and mobile technologies are preferable
* Experience of non-functional testing, ideally including performance, scalability, resilience and security testing.
* Ideally experience of the Rally Project Management tool and or Microsoft Team Foundation Server for backlog, task bug management and Microsoft Test Manager for test case management.
* Strong problem solving and creative thinking approach
* Must be a team player.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to deal with associates at all levels of the organisation
* Ideally knowledge of the payroll domain
* Ideally experience of working with offshore development teams
* 5+ years of experience
Agile methodologies are used on all project teams. The successful candidate must be happy working with concise methods throughout the project life cycle (TFS, Confluence, SharePoint, wikis etc.)
The standard hours will generally be 9 to 5 but, as the role involves interaction with our US & Hyderabad teams, the applicant must be flexible as it will often be a requirement to work outside of these hours.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.