Work Location(s): Florham Park, NJ, US
ADP is seeking an experienced attorney to work with ADP’s Insurance Services business unit, which offers both worker’s compensation and health and benefit insurance solutions. Be a critical business partner to executive leaders, advising on strategic decisions and transactions, and help design strategies, sales processes and procedures for brokers and account managers. Counsel should have extensive knowledge of insurance laws and regulations specifically related to health insurance, HIPAA, HITECH and privacy. Experience in a corporate environment would be beneficial. The successful candidate will report to the VP, Managing Counsel, Retirement and Insurance Services
- Counsel will support daily legal and business needs including the review and negotiation of contracts including carrier/agency agreements, third-party vendor agreements, SaaS, NDAs and Business Associate Agreements.
- Support and review of all marketing content for Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency, Inc. (ADPIA), and its affiliate ADP, Inc.
- Content review and monitoring of the ADPIA website. Management and review of ADPIA social media strategy.
- Provide general business guidance to Insurance Services related to insurance regulatory actions and opinions, assist in client issues, support product development, compliance matters, privacy and data security, cyber security, and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Provide, design and support training for licensed sales and service associates on best practice standards, compliance and state insurance laws.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Admission in good standing to the New Jersey state bar.
- 8-12 years of experience, including both large firm and in-house practice as a business Lawyer with insurance expertise.
- Ability to work well with existing team of attorneys and other legal associates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex legal concepts and summarize and explain them simply and concisely to various levels of management.
- Sound judgement to distinguish between material and immaterial risk, and the ability to analyze and mitigate risk as appropriate.
- Ability to be assertive while maintaining collaborative, diplomatic and professional demeanor.
- Ability to calmly juggle multiple demands, work under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job