ADP is hiring a Relationship Manager II. In this position, you will work with a team of client management experts to ensure client satisfaction. From proactive outreach to product escalations, you will act as a liaison with our clients, enhancing the relationship, building trust and securing a long-term relationship.
Unlock Your Career Potential: Relationship Management at ADP. Relationships matter. That’s why at ADP, one of the world’s largest providers of workforce solutions, we have an entire team dedicated to developing and enhancing our client relationships. From day one, we start by taking the time to understand our clients’ business and their unique needs. From there we work to build and maintain a high level of trust that drives satisfaction levels unheard of in our industry. Do you have a passion for working directly with clients to maximize their success? If so, we have the role for you.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Responsible to provide claims guidance for large property & casualty clients
- Deep knowledge of property & casualty claims process
- Ability to evaluate claims and provide client guidance on future recommendations to reduce claims
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, insurance carriers and internal partners
- Able to work within a team environment, partnering with property & causality Relationship Consultants, sales and carrier partners
- Understanding of the servicing and renewal process for property & casualty clients
- Able to conduct virtual meetings with the potential of future onsite client meetings
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional services, implementation, client services, sales, human resources or payroll/finance environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Property and Casulty Claims experience in Workers Comp
- Property and Casulty licensing
- Strong client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability lead conversations with executive-level client contacts
- Proven ability to manage service recovery as needed
- Results-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication and platform skills required
- An understanding of ADP’s infrastructure, products and services
- Background in Human Resource Management
- A proven proficiency in managing client relationships
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.