What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP Company, is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
The team is passionate about redefining the labor model for the 21st century and creating the best solutions for our customers. It is a large, complicated problem to solve and we can’t do it without having the best talent moving us forward and thinking outside the box.
Why should you join us?
WorkMarket is a dynamic startup that was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto — the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a Fortune 500 company, and you’ll be an active participant in driving our product and technology strategy. Our dynamic team of engineers are passionate about what they do and have fun along the way.
- Architecture: API-driven, distributed, microservice-based
- Frontend : React/Redux, Swagger + Backbone/Handlebars/jQuery
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Quality Assurance: Mabl, Locust/BlazeMeter, Python-based API test automation
Things you’ll do
- Leverage your experience and expertise as an engineer to design and build powerful integrations with ADP services.
- Partner with engineers within the immediate and other teams to solve complex problems with focus on scalability and reliability.
- Help to refine our microservices and CI/CD strategies
- Partner with product owner(s) to continuously evolve the WorkMarket product.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience designing and developing highly-transactional, distributed, SaaS applications
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge and 5+ years of professional experience with Java 8 and Spring
- Experience with AWS services and Docker
- Passion for engineering best practices
- Experience working within an agile development framework
- Track record of building software with quality and of high performance
***This position can sit in NYC or Toronto***
- Experience with high-throughput user-facing transactional systems.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://jobs.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.