ADP is hiring a Manager, FP&A. In this position you will manage the full range of planning, forecasting and analysis activities including building and reviewing financial models and incorporating guidance received on validated assumptions; as well as challenging data and information integrity in ADP’s Global Product and Technology organization. The Manager administers financial close activities by preparing variance analyses on actual versus plan/forecast; overseeing the performance reporting/management reporting requirements for the business as well as select KPI’s; and assisting with presentations for senior management. In addition, the Manager is responsible for managing, coaching and team development in order to build capabilities and achieve key goals and objectives.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Operating Planning and Forecasting: Creates annual operating plan that is aligned to the strategic plan and performs forecasting to provide visibility into business results to enable business decisions
- Assists in the creation of financial models to develop the annual operating plan, reviewing and validating assumptions, ensuring proper reconciliation and data integrity
- Builds forecast models using key drivers, trend analysis, economic, and external factors, etc. and monitors the accuracy and predictability of existing models
- Continuously improves forecast accuracy by aligning to key drivers and identifying root causes of previous errors
- Creates analytical tools and models for revenue and expenses driving process efficiencies
Management Reporting and Financial Close Activities: Produces and distributes recurring and ad hoc management reports. Responsible for financial reporting accuracy; partners with shared services organizations and ensures adequate control environment to mitigate financial and business risks in collaboration with process owners
- Assists in driving the financial close activity and prepares monthly variance analysis on actual results versus plan/forecast ensuring data integrity
- Participates in presentation preparation on results, forecasts, and plans to senior management
- Makes recommendations on opportunities/risks to senior management that need to be addressed to improve results
- Produces management reporting efficiently utilizing automation and technology
Business Analysis: Uses deep understanding of objectives, issues and root causes and provides insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
- Provides effective analytical support and techniques to assist with the identification of business opportunities and risks
- Manages KPI’s such as backlog reporting, staffing requirements, starts, weeks to start, no starts, labor productivity, and analysis of implementation, survey scores and client satisfaction
Talent Development and Management: Deliberately builds capability for short and long term
- Sets direction, goals and expectations about performance, holds associates accountable for development and provides appropriate feedback
- Coaches and develops associates; builds diverse team and encourages innovative thinking to identify broad growth opportunities
Strategic Planning and Initiatives: Partners with business leadership to develop strategies and initiatives to drive growth and margin improvements. Executes on strategic initiatives such as M&A support, product launches, market entry, and process improvement efforts
- Supports the execution of key components of the strategic initiative/business case by managing and providing analytical support
- Maintains an awareness of general economic, competitive, business and financial conditions
Business Partnering: Partners with Key Stakeholders and Business Partners to align on business priorities and drive effective solutions/execution. Constructively communicates compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtains necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives
- Builds working relationships with colleagues and business partners to support business priorities and objectives through complex financial modeling and insights
- Leverages both formal and informal networks to achieve business objectives
Financial Operational Policy: Establishes and maintains consistent financial operational policies and procedures to govern related practices
- Complies with all departmental/ financial operational policies and practices
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent; CPA or other professional finance qualifications a plus
- 8+ Years of Experience in Finance or Accounting
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- MBA or credits toward MBA, or MS in Business Analytics or similar
- Post MBA Internship/Development Program
- Consulting Experience
- Technology Expense Experience: Understanding and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure and Development terminology and cost drivers
- Information Management Acumen: Has advanced desktop application skills and full understanding of systems including but not limited to Hyperion Essbase and other data visualization tools like Power BI and/or Tableau; continually looks to improve processes, reporting formats and capabilities and partners with others to make improvements. Trains others in these skills.
- Strategy and Planning: Sets direction for the team, is skillful at creating realistic plans for teams to accomplish tasks and projects and applies measures for team performance.
- Results Accountability: Sets high standards of performance and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality results, prioritizes and is effective at keeping team focused on priorities under ambiguous circumstances.
- Impactful Communication: Communicates in such a way that mobilizes groups behind a compelling vision and sense of purpose, is adept at recognizing the needs of others and adapt communications accordingly; is effective at presenting in small and large group settings.
- Bias for Growth: Is known as someone who will challenge the status quo and advocate for new initiatives, fosters an environment where new thinking is encouraged and rewarded, champions change and has a demonstrated record of making improvements and driving growth.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.