Work Location(s): Pasadena, CA, US
ADP’s Innovation Center Studio55 is hiring an Sr Software Engineer in Test (SDET) with demonstrated experience in test driven development and automation. Does this sound like you?
- Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
- Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn’t find.
- Insightful strategist. Transforms insights into ideas and ideas into plans.
- Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies and the stakes are high.
This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO55 in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena. Take a peek into our awesome environment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1SnFm4l6c&sns=fb
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services. You will own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, reusability, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows.
THINGS YOU’LL DO:
- SDETs build automated frameworks, tools, tests, and infrastructure to help drive software quality
- SDETs work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation details.
- SDETs work with QAEs to understand the test automation needs of the team and build the necessary framework
- SDETs work with cross-functional teams such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans that validate approximate real-world scenarios
- SDETs play a crucial role in driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- Three or more years of SDET experience
- Two or more years of automated scripting experience
- Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases
- Experience automating REST API services
- Experience configuring test pipeline in Jenkins
- Experience in one or more Test Automation Frameworks — Cucumber, selenium, Cypress, TestNG
- Ability to write code to package tests into regression test suites
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Effectively Communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and can synthesize the results
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of Agile or Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to perform and track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
- Capable of digging into the business needs and translating them into test plans and processes
- Proven ability as a problem-solver
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job