Work Location(s): New York, NY, US
The Engineering Reliability team at Lifion is central to the reputation and trustworthiness of our product. We are looking for a senior architect/ engineer with strong experience in database technologies to work within the Database Reliability team. The team applies the practices of Site Reliability Engineering to the data owned by platform and product engineering teams, and delivers value through standardization of database operations, best practices, automation and subject-matter expertise.
- Support many application teams and their databases in AWS on MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Work with developers on architecting data models.
- Perform database administration tasks, including automation, performance monitoring and tuning, and query optimizations
- Work to identify, design, plan, and implement architectural and operational improvements on various SQL DBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Work with infrastructure engineers, developers, and architects to build and maintain scalable, reliable, and robust databases solutions
- Work with security and operations to manage access control to databases
- Monitor databases for problems and diagnose their origin
- Identify and resolve production application issues
- Participate in rotating on-call duties
- Plan and provide operational oversight in large database migrations with minimal impact to customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems across various tiers with applications and database systems
- Plan and provide details how to scale databases/clients horizontally when data grows without much ( or no) impact on the performance
- Help application team to test application with 10X, 100X or 1000X data set on lower environments before hitting the new code on upper environment
- 5+ years experience administering MySQL or PostgreSQL databases in production
- Experienced in AWS Aurora and RDS MySQL
- Strong troubleshooting and performance-tuning skills required
- Must be able to improve SQL performance results through the use of query execution plans and other optimization tools
- You have a strong sense of ownership, and an ability to drive tasks to completion
- You have strong communication skills
- Experience working in programming languages ( NodeJS, Python, bash)
- Experience working with containers
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job