Work Location(s): Pasadena, CA, US
ADP’s Innovation Center, Studio55, is hiring a Sr. Performance Engineer with demonstrated experience redesigning and reworking in high performing and scalable Java applications. Does this sound like you?
- Game changer. Out-of-the-box thinker who transforms problems into solutions, ideas into action, plans into result.
- Statistically-informed. Has a toolbox full of algorithms to turn data into information.
- Self-Starter. High-reaching and unstoppable. A cant-stop-won’t-stop attitude and an urge to persevere until you get it right.
- Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn’t find.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies and the stakes are high. This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO55 in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena. Take a peek into our awesome environment here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1SnFm4l6c&sns=fb
As a Sr. Performance Engineer you will help us define and execute our next generation technology platform strategy supporting the Wisely Paycard and industry leading initiatives such as Instant Pay. You will analyze the existing Java applications to identify the areas of opportunity that will have a material impact on our client experience. Along the way you will use your technical programming skills and seasoned thought process to lead the performance and scalability initiative for this next generation platform in the Cloud.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability in work assignments. Be resourceful and collaborate with respective teams to quickly solve performance and scalability challenges
- Strategize, Introduce and implement performance automation framework that allows the developers, testers and the like to execute performance tests at a click of a button and analyze results using the framework
- Design workloads and simulations to model our applications usage and establish performance and scalability benchmarks
- Collaborate with architects and suggest performance best practices during the design
- Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics
- Analyze performance data from JVM, database, middle-tier and services to determine cause of performance regressions and identify areas for performance optimizations
- Collaborate with R&D and Product teams to define non-functional requirements, recommend improvements, resolve performance defects and drive standardization efforts
- Automate the tracking and publishing of Performance results across software builds and releases to ensure high quality releases
- Utilize Performance testing and analysis to strengthen our application performance monitoring strategy with a focus on high risk and volume areas
- Good Understanding of Splunk architecture including index management, configuration files for log onboarding and access
- Strong knowledge of splunk best practices to build effective visualizations , alerts and dashboards around key business transactions, performance and health metrics to get deeper operational and system insight on the systemsDemonstrate a technical aptitude to do a deep-dive into problem areas and contribute to redesigns that are faster, cleaner, and require less maintenance
- Demonstrate both individual contributor and team player capabilities
- Be an advocate for performance and present, recommend performance best practices across the organization
EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in performance engineering, testing and profiling of high volume applications
- At least 4+ years of development background and/orexperience in programming languages like C , C#, JAVA , Python etc
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking J2EE and AngularJs applications
- Expert in performance analysis of resource utilization, saturation, stack trace analysis etc. using one of the following profiling tools: YourKit or JProfiler
- Strong knowledge and analysis skills in at least 1 of the of the following APM tools: CA Wily Introscope, Splunk, Grafana, App Dynamics or Dynatrace
- 1-2 years of experience in containerization and auto-scaling best practices using Kubernetes and ECS / Fargate services in AWS
- Expert in following Performance Testing tools: HP Performance Center, LoadRunner and JMeter. Knowledge of Soasta Cloudtest, Neoload or Gatling is a plus
- Knowledge of following databases: Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, DB2
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have good understanding of UNIX/Linux O/S
- Experience integrating performance testing in Continuous integration and deployment framework using Jenkins or Puppet is a plus.
HOW YOU’LLL STAND OUT:
- Knowledge and experience of service virtualization is a plus
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter with passion to take on challenges and innovate
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job