Work Location(s): Roseland, NJ, US
ADP is recruiting for SREs at various levels (Senior, Lead, and Principal) to partner with our product development teams in New Jersey.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies.
The SRE partners with product development teams to manage the operations of products for scalability, reliability, and agility. The SRE is a full stack engineer with a combination of development, infrastructure, and operations skills; with a focus on “treating operations as a software problem” by constantly working to eliminate toil. Tasked with promoting and supporting best practices for system reliability, performance, and supportability with a strong engineering emphasis on building autonomous solutions that deliver value to end-users early, often, & fast.
Things You’ll Do:
- Engineers, supports, operates, and promotes adoption of systems for safe & efficient end-to-end software releases and systems changes by building and promoting use of automated CICD pipelines and adoption of engineering best practices (e.g. peer reviews, high unit test coverage, static code analysis
- Continuously works to improve the platform for hosting products through automation of infrastructure and operations, optimization of all levels of monitoring, and following best practices around capacity planning
- Manages operations for all hosting environments ranging from development to staging and production, including upgrading, patching, migrating off of EOL systems, and ensuring environment consistency
- Helps run and ensure proper rigor followed for IT service management processes including change, incident, and problem management processes (including supporting root cause analyses and post-mortems)
- Promotes and uses metrics to create transparency and accountability for adopting reliability best practices and achieving desired outcomes
- On-call for their products in partnership with paired product development teams
- Infrastructure engineering, including operating systems, databases, networking, & storage
- Coding chops: It’s important for all team members to be highly capable developers in order to interact with other engineering groups and for automating system tasks. You must have proven ability to code idiomatically in one or more of Bash, Python, Ruby, Go or a derived language (e.g., Groovy, Scala)
- DevOps practices and toolsets, such as Jenkins/Travis, Ansible, Github, Git, Artifactory, and other CI/CD tools) and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Containerization (Docker, Helm) and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Cloud technologies, such as AWS (e.g. Lambda, EKS), Azure, CloudFormation, and OpenStack
- Monitoring and logging stacks/toolse.g. NewRelic, Splunk, etc.
- Working in Agile teams and Agile SDLC practices
- Building relationship with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, design leads, product developers, and infrastructure engineers
- Managing technical priorities and working off of an Agile team backlog
- Familiarity with performance metrics tools and methodologies
- Strong communication skills with ability to align diverse stakeholder groups on complex technical decisions
- Ability to influence stakeholders such as developers and product owners to align on process changes, adoption of new tooling, and other changes that advance reliability
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job