ADP is seeking a Lead Cyber Threat Engineer.
Unlock Your Career Potential: Global Security Organization at ADP. Do you have a passion for going on the offensive to safeguard critical information? As ADP’s Global Security Organization (GSO), we know that our clients rely on us for human capital management solutions, but beyond that, they entrust us with one of their most valuable assets — their employee data. We are honored by this trust and are laser focused on securing data at every step in the information lifecycle, ensuring integrity, confidentiality and compliance with industry and government regulations at all times. From the cloud to the data center and across every emerging device, you’ll join a team of experts in the GSO who are always staying one step ahead in this ever-changing world of data by continually evolving our strategies and technologies to protect ADP and our clients.
Available Locations: Alpharetta, GA; Roseland, NJ; Marlborough, MA; OR any ADP Office/Remote
As the Lead Threat Engineer, it will be your duty to assess and analyze ADP’s security controls posture — our ability to prevent or detect various methods of attacks. You will work within the team to create, modify, and execute controls test plans and use the resulting data to determine security gaps and work on prioritizing remediation of those gaps. This position requires an individual that is able to both establish and enhance existing processes within working teams with the goal of aligning work priorities while working with external organizational parties to remediate findings. This position requires a professional who works well with others, and performs in challenging situations, is pragmatic, and is motivated by long-term results.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance for the life-cycle of documentation pertaining to control gaps, prioritization, and presentation to appropriate working groups
- Leads and facilitates cross-functional operational team processes, in the application of process engineering principles to design and/or optimize business processes and their overall performance.
- Manages multiple initiatives of varying scope and complexity across dependent functions
- Manages prioritization of work efforts amongst cross-functional teams in relation to utilizing methodology developed from control gap testing outcomes
- Responsible for documenting known architectural and control gaps discovered during controls testing.
- Creates any supporting templates or process documents to support the mission.
- Works closely with other organizations within ADP in order to develop the strong partnerships required to meet cybersecurity technology goals.
- Holds self and others in the function accountable to achieve high quality results with a sense of urgency.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues.
- Holds others accountable for meeting commitments
- Establishes communications plans and the delivery of technical details and analysis in the identification of security gaps.
- Develops and executes a training plan for deliverables in conjunction with business partners and relevant stakeholders
- Passion for protecting networks, systems and data from cyber attacks
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity concepts and related technology solutions
- Experience leading an enterprise wide cybersecurity internal assessment, including a knowledge of control strategies for a global organization
- Strong consultative skills required to work directly with other technology teams with appropriate influence
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Analyzes processes to identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort prioritization
- Must be able to effectively communicate to anyone in the organization, from the most technical operator to a non-technical partner
- Familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Familiarity with breach/attack simulation or red team automation (Endgame RTA, Red Canary ART, Verodin, AttackIQ, ThreatCare, SafeBreach, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and document business and technical requirements
- Detail oriented with good time management and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise prudent judgment and offer knowledgeable advice
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of tactics used by malicious insiders, techniques and procedures associated with state sponsored threat actors
- Must be able to examine an organization from the standpoint of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms
- Microsoft Application Suite experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Management, math, statistics or equivalent experience required
- 5-10 years of information security experience
- 3-5 years of experience in penetration testing, vulnerability management, or ethical hacking desired
- 3-5 years of experience in incident response
- Knowledge of risk, threat and/or control frameworks
- Experience creating control, attack/threat and risk mappings
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.