Work Location(s): Norfolk, VA, US
Lead Design Engineer
Location: 2 Commercial Pl, Norfolk, VA 23510
DevOps / SharePoint Design Engineer with 10+ years of experience. The DevOps/SharePoint Design Engineer is responsible for the overall support and maintenance of the Microsoft SharePoint Online platform and DevOps CICD process for internal applications. This includes day-to-day operational support activities as well as strategic planning initiatives involving SharePoint / Office 365/DevOps automation for internal Projects.
The DevOps / SharePoint Design Engineer will assist as the Level 2 technical support resource within the IT department and act as the SME for SharePoint-related projects and assess/implement new capabilities as needed throughout the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design, develop, test, and support custom web applications and automation tools
- Responsible for executing scripts and/or work with the release coordination team in deploying application code and database related changes to different environments (dev, qa, staging, prod). Work may occasionally require unusual hours (evenings / weekends as dictated by Application SLA)
- Participate actively/follow Agile / Scrum development methodology — daily standups, poker planning, (development estimation), tasking, etc.
- Communicate effectively with team leads and management regarding status updates, roadblocks, etc.
- Implement best practices, standards, and procedures including quality and delivery methodology
- SharePoint Online Administrator and first point of contact for SharePoint concerns
- Provide SharePoint architectural and technical product expertise
- Assist with strategic planning and support for Victaulic intranet/extranets, including information architecture, site development, and security compliance
- Identify opportunities for business process automation / collaboration and provide solutions that drive intranet adoption, streamline processes and facilitate communications
- Collaborate with IT and other functional teams to understand project requirements and translate them into technical solutions using SharePoint and other Office 365 tools
- Develop and support workflow solutions using SharePoint workflow and Microsoft Flow
- Evaluate O365 capabilities and make recommendations for leveraging new features in SharePoint-related solutions
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve SharePoint problems and escalate incidents as necessary
- Perform typical administration activities such as site provisioning, permissions management, site collection configuration, search configuration, and other system administration tasks
- Monitor SharePoint analytics reports that measure usage and performance
- Configure and manage retention, Information Rights Management and Data Loss Prevention policies
- Create and leverage PowerShell scripts for automating tasks and reporting
- Maintain established disaster recovery, best practices and governance policies/procedures
- Provide guidance, support and training to site owners as needed on items related to content management, permissions, site ownership, document management, forms and workflows
- Maintain current industry knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint / Office 365 concepts, best practices and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- 8 years’ experience with DevOps/SharePoint administration and providing support at the enterprise level
- SharePoint Online / OneDrive / O365 /AIP experience preferred
- Ability to assess user requirements and determine information architecture for SharePoint Online solutions
- Able to prioritize out-of-the-box solutions using existing platform capabilities versus using custom developed solutions
- Hands on experience with site collections, web parts, content management, forms, workflow, etc.
- Experience configuring and organizing SharePoint sites by leveraging content types
- Proficiency with MS SharePoint Designer, PowerShell, PowerApps, Flow
- Solid understanding of solutions development methodology and change management best practices
- Forward thinker with desire to research, learn and implement new technologies
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a creative team in a collaborative, agile environment.
- 5+ years’ experience container orchestration with Kubernetes
- 5+ years’ experience containerization with Docker
- 5+ years’ experience scripting with Bash, PowerShell, python, etc
- Experience with writing Splunk queries and dashboards.
- Experience Designing Continuous Integration and Delivery model with products like Jenkins to ensure delivery of new content is fully automatable with pipelines that do automated integration and functional testing.
- Understand coding standards of R&D and recommend changes for stability of the products and applications.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job