Work Location(s): Norfolk, VA, US
ADP is hiring an experienced Technical Project Manager with demonstrated experience in Technical Project Management and PMP Certification. Does this sound like you?
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies.
- Provide oversight and leadership during project execution to ensure alignment with project deadlines.
- Take ownership for the project process, project deliverables and communication frameworks including administration of project collaboration tools and document repositories.
- Works directly with project team, project sponsors and stakeholders on applicable deliverables. In collaboration with project team, create and maintain project plans. Provide oversight and leadership during project execution.
- Facilitate the definition, management and negotiation of project scope.
- Track and resolve project issues and team conflicts. Facilitate escalations as needed.
- Identify risks in conjunction with project team, stakeholders and senior management. Ensure risk mitigation plans are defined and tracked.
- Track and report overall project status with respect to time, budget, scope and facilitate project status meetings.
- Facilitate impact analysis and estimation of project deliverables across functional disciplines. Deliverables include impact analysis document, user stories, design diagrams, risk assessments, data flow diagrams, project plans, burn down charts, etc.
- Maintain project management skills in alignment with industry standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 Years of Directly Related Experience
- PMP and/or Scrum Master certifications
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to drive multiple project plans, manage dates and meet or exceed budgets
- Experience with utilizing data to drive project decisions and direction
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive professional attitude
- Strong experience in applications, systems architecture, and processes pertaining to product development and deployment
- Bachelors is required. Masters is preferred.
- Knowledge of system integration approaches
- Understanding of and experience in development life cycle methodologies with particular emphasis on Agile software methodology
- Experience as Project Manager in a technical/financial services/transaction processing/software company
- Experience working with external technology vendors
- Continuing education in new technologies, communications, etc.
- Knowledge of tools such as Rally and Planview
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job