At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
Technology at ADP. It’s the foundation of the products and services that have made us a world-wide leader in workforce solutions. With us, you can combine technical skills and business acumen, to effectively consult as well as solve technical challenges. You have the opportunity to train on leading-edge technologies that continually redefine what’s possible in our industry.
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it – for our clients and colleagues around the world.
ADP Labs. Located in Porto Alegre/Brazil, provides software development and infrastructure for world-wide ADP products, working with large scale initiatives across multiple geographies, including Brazil, United States and India. As an internationally distributed software development team, we are hiring:
Technical Development Manager
We are looking for a passionate software development manager who wants to transform the clients experience for one of the most important products at ADP. If you want to be part of a team that will develop and shape how the HCM product will be in the future, this job is for you!
As the manager of the team, you will lead and develop a group of talented engineers to build and maintain innovative software systems. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas, and your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development.
You will be the role model for the team on using the best software development practices and cutting-edge technologies. You will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and our customers as we reshape the Human Capital Management industry.
- Offshore Management Responsibility: Responsible for people management of the team: hiring/firing, performance appraisals, salary recommendations. Provides supervision and approval on these regards. Only needs input on critical/difficult cases. Makes organizational decisions under supervision. Interfaces with Onshore (i.e. international) Sr. Management on tactical initiatives.
- R&D Responsibility: Responsible for managing multiple development projects and initiatives with significant business impact and complexity. Exposure to product and other management staff as liaison to its group. Occasional exposure to Sr. Product Management and Executive IT leadership.
- Decision Making/Judgement: Reports to local management, and has dotted line (internationally) reporting relationship to Sr. Director Applications Development, DVP — Applications Development or Corp VP — IT. Major decisions require the approval of senior management. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
- Accountability: Responsible for on-time completion of all project deliverables and product quality to prevent additional costs and to positively impact revenue and client retention. Shares responsibility for results with higher level management.
- Hands-on: Ability to join in technical discussions, troubleshoot production outages and guide the team about tradeoffs and tech choices.
- Solid experience in software development and as a development manager (with direct authority over development staff)
- Strong design, architecture, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering innovative software products or features
- MS degree in Computer Science or MBA, strong experience in managing distributed computing/server core software engineering teams.
- Hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
- Experienced in developing product strategies and translating them into an achievable roadmap
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- IT Infrastructure/Operations experience
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.