The position serves as an advocate of ADP’s Global Human Capital Management(HCM) Solution and Service capabilities, while driving ADP’s message as a world leader in the HCM industry into the client base. Key areas of focus include the development/ongoing management of strong, productive relationships with executive level client contacts (ie; CFO, CHRO) and collaborative efforts with ADP Sales, HCM Service, Implementation, Product, Operations and any other functional team as required in order to drive client outcomes in support of retaining and expanding their team’s book of client business.
The Director, Client Success will develop and lead the strategic client success efforts for the Client Success Management business. This is accomplished through solidifying internal and external relationships that help build better teams to enable our clients to achieve success utilizing ADP solutions, overseeing the resolution of complex client inquiries, and in proactively partnering and consulting with our clients on their key business issues and strategic goals.
The Director, Client Success is outcome-focused and measured on ability to define, communicate and achieve client and ADP success. Examples of success measures include the effective delivery of client success plans, executive business reviews, development and execution of solution adoption, product migration and renewal strategies, client health, revenue growth, profitability, client satisfaction indexes, retention rates and client participation in key client engagement activities including the sharing of success stories, online reviews and reference-ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consultative and trusted advisor client approach, with an ability to recognize what actions will demonstrate exemplary partnership to their client base, by incorporating a deep understanding of the client needs with appropriate ADP solutions and expertise.
- Oversee and support effective and mutually beneficial contract negotiations and renewals.
- Challenge clients to see broader perspectives around critical business and human capital management issues and the ADP solutions that can resolve them.
- Validate client partnership levels throughout the relationship; strategizes and articulates opportunities for growth, as well proactive approaches to avoid potential competitive risks.
- Develop and drive proactive client management strategies by leveraging data, analytics and client experience information focused on achievement of client desired outcomes.
- Strategize with team and internal partners to develop effective intervention plans to address challenges related to a client health, including direct involvement in activities necessary to stabilize and save at risk client business.
- Implement strategies to ensure Client Success Executives(CSEs) are successful at building and strengthening client relationships and our partnerships. Identify trends that will maximize utilization and adoption of ADP services and provide increased levels of client engagement.
- Leverage internal partners to ensure a unified service model exists and help identify and close gaps that may be impacting client satisfaction and success in a negative manner. Ensure CSEs have the tools and resources to gauge and measure client success, while being able to effectively to tell the story around the service data and providing actionable insights.
- Understand the assigned client base and specific industry in order to accurately provide an overview to CSE and Service team members’ better insights into managing their critical business issues and strategic goals, so as to get ahead of risks and opportunities, leveraging this knowledge to proactively engage and present opportunities to optimize the client-ADP relationship, effectively communicating the "ADP Story."
- Collaborate within a matrixed-management structure, with operational, service and product management partners to drive issues to closure, oversee completion of complex projects, improve efficiency and quality of service, and influence the product roadmap to enhance the overall client experience.
- Participate in financial forecast exercises related to their Book of Business and the ADP Business Unit, including input to attaining specific financial objectives and managing loss forecast.
- Demonstrate executive presence, analytical, presentation, meeting management and relationship management/servicing skills.
- Challenge the current state and make a compelling case for change.
- Drive continuous improvement and operate with agility.
- Significant understanding of HCM concepts with the ability to represent a broad range of ADP disciplines and solution platforms.
- Facilitate client participation in ADP events as appropriate ie; Meeting of the Minds, ReThink, Beta Product opportunities, testimonials, etc.
- Execution of Large Account Planning techniques and skills to ensure strategic approach to client penetration and revenue forecasts.
- Facilitate client reference opportunities.
- Support sales activities related to new opportunities and retention efforts i.e., RFP.
- Adhere to all administrative aspects of monitoring revenue growth.
- Responsible for people management activities, including setting the standards for objectives/goals, IDP development, performance reviews and salary decisions.
- Establish clearly defined individual performance goals and objectives; communicates these to team members through 1-on-1 meetings and performance planning and review sessions; provide periodic performance feedback and conducts annual performance reviews on all team members.
- Ensure team supports and models cultural behaviors including ownership, building great teams, and breaking down barriers. Motivate, personally inspire and recognize associates and contractors for their work and behaviors.
- Manage complex associate performance issues, providing guidance for their managers, partnering with HR.
- Ensure appropriate proactive internal communication and escalation of issues that impact the overall client relationship and retention.
- Support all activities related to closed-loop processes.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in education and experience
- Accreditation from appropriate organizations (i.e., S/PHR, CPP, FPC, HCS, SHRM CP/SCP or S/G/PHR) is desired.
- Overall 8 years of successful experience in related field and client-facing roles and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge.
- Minimum of 8-10 years account management required, with preference for Enterprise and/or global business-to-business experience
- Minimum of 5-8 years general management, sales and/or consulting experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of HR, Payroll and/or Benefits processes and solutions a plus
- Strategic account management experience with demonstrated success
- Executive presence, with strong presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) required
- Up to 20% travel required
Preference will be given to candidates who have the below:
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through complex situations with the ability to engage in constructive conflict and comfort with appropriately challenging stakeholders to think and act differently for their own benefit.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven effectiveness with executive relationships.
- Ability to build strong, working relationships from front-line people to senior executives across business units and with clients.
- Must possess thorough knowledge and appreciation of quality and execution with a focus on a team-based approach using collaboration.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight time frames with a demonstrated ability to oversee large projects.
- Highly organized and efficient, able to manage multiple priorities with exceptional follow through, delivering high-caliber results.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.