Location: Toronto, Canada
What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP Company, is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
The team is passionate about redefining the labor model for the 21st century and creating the best solutions for our customers. It is a large, complicated problem to solve and we can’t do it without having the best talent moving us forward and thinking outside the box.
For more about ADP’s acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto — the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a large company, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to help drive and validate our product strategy. More on our culture can be found on our engineering blog, and you can learn more about our diversity and inclusion efforts here and here.
- Architecture – API-driven, distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Frontend : React/Redux, Swagger + Backbone/Handlebars/jQuery
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Quality Assurance: Mabl, Locust/BlazeMeter, python-based API test automation
Things you’ll do
- Work with product engineering teams as well as architects and application platform team and help them build services that scale and perform in a distributed microservice architecture.
- Create metrics which feed into our observability systems and dashboards to give insights for the developers and operations teams.
- Develop internal tools and help solve problems up and down the stack.
- Define alerting thresholds, assist in troubleshooting of application issues and help lead post mortems.
- Build out infrastructure to support these apps by using terraform to spin up aws environments, or creating docker containers to deploy into our schedulers.
- Try to break stuff! Our apps must be battle tested and able to withstand different failure scenarios. Load/stress testing, chaos engineering type experiments, anything to make sure our customers never deal with downtime or failure. We thrive at 99.99% availability.
- Participate in oncall alongside developers and be available to work with our client/customer support teams if necessary.
What we’re looking for
- Designed, deployed, and managed large cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.
- Solid understanding of managing cloud native application systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication. Ability to convey ideas internally to co-workers as well as externally through meetups and talks.
- Ability to understand distributed software architectures and troubleshoot them from infrastructure through application layers.
- Experience with containers and how they work internally. Deployment into a production environment using a scheduler like Nomad / Kubernetes / Mesos / ECS a plus.
- Implemented a service discovery system using tools like Consul/Smartstack/EtcD for dynamic environments.
- Ability to write code/scripts using languages such as Python, Go, Ruby.
- Passion for technology and desire to push our tech stack forward.
- Be a team player and work closely with developers and operations.
- Experience with Monitoring, Instrumentation and performance engineering.
Nice to have
- Experience in a “continuous delivery/deployment” environment and supporting tools.
- Worked with API/SPA architectures
- Knowledge of service mesh technologies like Envoy/LinkerD
- Experience with Java and JVM in a production environment.
- Ability to configure and customize monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Graphite, etc)
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success.Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized byForbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
ADP Canada will recruit, select, orient, develop, and promote associates based on our strategic direction and our values. We have made a commitment to address barriers in our employment processes and are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Canadian Head Office at 416-207-2900 and ask to speak to an ADP Canada Human Resource associate or email Canada.Accessibility@ADP.com.