Work Location(s): Tempe, AZ, US
ADP is hiring a Data Engineer. In this position you will develop new data management, business intelligence and analytics capabilities that provide business with new insights for their external clients and internal operations. In this role the Data Engineer will help to manage initiatives in Data, BI and Analytics, supporting existing and planned activities within its business unit as well as the broader ADP organization. You will assist in defining standardized methods to capture and report key metrics and KPI’s related to business objectives and initiatives. You will engage with key stakeholders to define and adopt Data Analytics methodologies and standards. This position will report up to the Senior Director of Business Intelligence and will work closely with client services, business operations and product management, as well as key members of the technology organization.
- Participate in the design and development of data management, business intelligence and analytics projects to drive strategic decisions through data driven actionable metrics and insights.
- Assist in evaluating and selecting the best technologies and tools to support the data mission.
- Support development and production issues impacting our clients and operations.
- Monitor and improve data and BI processes to meet firm SLAs and increase efficiency.
- Help define user stories as a part of the BI scrum team by analyzing business requirements, defining technical specifications and sizing the development effort.
- Leverage technology capabilities and standards while working with technology system owners to identify appropriate data sources, define and build required data transformation logic.
- Perform detailed data analysis to derive insights and deliver operational mechanism such as dashboards or ad-hoc reports.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with SQL Server, Oracle and SSIS
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience with building semantic-layer business intelligence solutions including metrics, dashboards and data visualization
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Information Management
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with data engineering including ETL and data warehousing
- Working experience with Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx
- Working experience in the HCM or financial industry
- Working experience with large or medium size companies
- Expert problem solving skills to rapidly create ad-hoc queries to answer complex business questions or debug data issues
- Experience developing complex queries against normalized and dimensional data models
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Read more about this job