JOB TITLE: Manager, Data Services Canada
REPORTS TO: Director, Business Solutions
HOURS: Monday to Friday; 8:30 to 5:00
Note to ADP Associates
An associate must be in his/her current position for a minimum of 18 months to apply for any internal openings. He/she must inform their manager have they been invited for a second interview.
An associate who wishes to refer someone for a job, please advise the person to apply on-line at www.adp.ca.
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $10 billion in revenues and about 570,000 clients, is one of the world’s largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP’s easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, heavy manufacturing, and agricultural vehicle dealers throughout the world.
In Canada, ADP is the leading provider of Employer Services, providing a comprehensive range of payroll, human resources management, benefits administration, time & labour management, occupational health and safety and comprehensive outsourcing services. The company has more than 1,800 associates dedicated to providing a level of personalized attention and expertise that no in-house software package or systems vendor can match. With a client base of more than 50,000 organizations across Canada, ADP pays one in four Canadians in the private sector. Headquartered in Toronto, ADP Canada also has offices in Halifax, Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver.
Visit www.adp.ca to learn more about the company!
The Data Services Manager is responsible to lead the day-to day management of the Data Services Team. They will ensure the accurate and timely conversion of new client data are being delivered; including concurrent multiple products and multiple ADP business units, and that the execution is done in a manner consistent with the framework of the "OneADP" solution delivery. Responsible for implementing initiatives and actions that will ensure goal achievement and resource optimization. Provides continual communication and coordination with Implementation, Sales and offshore team.
- Works directly with a large, geographically dispersed Teams,department leadersand clients on escalated situations that require management level involvement, including issue resolution. Continually cultivates, develops and maintains positive business relationships with the Implementation and Sales organizations at all levels.
- Drives associate engagement, retention, talent/career development and appropriate programs to support a successful virtual organization.
- Lead team of Data Services associates; providing direction, coaching, performance management and day to day oversight of the team.
- Works proactively to meet business and team needs. Seeks efficiency improving opportunities. Collaborates on all process with Implementation.
- Responsible for the human resource management activities including maintenance of proper staffing levels, resource optimization, dynamic load-sharing, employee relations, mentoring, talent/career development and rewards/recognition.
- Responsible for performance measures such as forecast, proactive risk assessment, backlog, quality, associate’s engagement and retention and other metrics.
- Ensure the team adhere to ADP data security & privacy guidelines
- Collaborate across the ADP organization including with the US on cross border functionality and procedures, and Product Management & GPT on feature functionality impacting the team and or customers
- Ensures alignment to strategy and acts as an escalation point
- Implements department strategies
- Establishes team goals and objectives and manages the activities of others toward their achievement
- Monitors project workflows and assignments and provides regular performance and development feedback
- Modifies priorities in line with changing business demands
- Occasionally performs or engages in responsibilities of those led.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Post-secondary education or related business experience
Required: 3 — 5 years Virtual team leadership experience or leadership within ADP with resultant product knowledge and increasing application or project leadership skills.
Preferred: 5 — 8 years related experience as a Tech Support or in a Senior Implementation or Service role
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective & constructive relationships with internal/external clients, vendors, and associates, earning trust & respect through demonstrating a consistent commitment to exceed expectations.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal/external clients & relate to all levels of the organization through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting).
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor a team of technical specialists responsible for providing stellar service to high value clients throughout Canada.
- Demonstrated strength in People Management, Project Management and Client Relationship Management
- Planning skills and ability to negotiate project scopes, deliverables, milestones, and resource requirements with internal and external clients
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Live Meeting, PDF Writer, Remote communication tools
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Knowledge of data extraction, mapping, and conversion tools & processes
- Knowledge of ADP Implementation processes and practices.
- Understanding of ADP product capabilities and processing workflows
- Fully bilingual verbal and written in both French and English an asset
- Adaptability, Service Orientation/Client Focus
- Excellent team building skills with both external and internal clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentations skills
- Client Relationship Management skills
- Excellent ability to comprehend complex concepts and troubleshoot solutions
Note to Job Seekers
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check, including a criminal record check
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.