Arbeitsort: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
1 Position: Project Technical Manager
The position will functionally and administratively report to the Manager within the Software Development department. The main purpose of the role is to help the scrum team meet the sprint goals and follow the ADP’s agile software development process. The Scrum Master must have a good understanding of the Scrum framework and the ability to train others in its subtleties. The role also requires leadership skills as coaching and developing teams is a significant responsibility of this position.
2 Job Description 2.1 Primary Tasks
- Makes sure the team is in line with Agile values and principles
- Facilitates Scrum process
- Defines team behaviors and adheres to team behavior’s
- Makes sure the team adheres to the definition of DONE
- Helps bring down barriers to development progress
- Keeps Scrum artifacts visible and current through Physical and/or Digital Scrum Board
- Supports & encourages team self-organization
- Helps keep team in the “zone”
- Makes sure Code Reviews happen within the Sprint
- Helps Product Owner with release planning
- Shields team from external interference
- Enforces time boxes and maintains sustainable pace
- Manages Scrum meetings
- Record and file feedback from Scrum Retrospectives
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Stakeholders for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Work closely with the Architecture Team to ensure architectural integrity and product quality
- Ensuring all work conforms to ADP’s Agile software development process
- Escalate any issues to the project manager that will affect the delivery of the project
- Taking ownership of own progress
- Contributing to ongoing development of the software development team’s processes, procedures and best practices.
- Work closely with the QA & Product Management team, and the Software Development Manager to ensure quality and punctual software development within his/her responsibilities
2.2 Key Skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Solid understanding of Agile values and principles.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to "think outside the box".
- Consult with the Project Manager regarding professional skills development.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Ability to work productively in a team.
- Fundamental knowledge of operating systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of standard development tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computing tools: Word processor, spreadsheet, browser, email, and file compression software.
- Knowledge of the multiple computing environments deployed to support parallel development of software solutions.
2.3 Supervisory Responsibilities
- Assign tasks to resources, monitor progress, provide feedback and constantly guide the team on Agile methodology.
- Manage/maintain sprint related information in Rally, track progress against the release plan and escalate any deviations from plan.
- Arrange and manage scrum meetings.
1 Requirements 1.1 Qualifications
· Graduates in Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Applications or Post Graduates in Computer Science / Computer Applications
· Excellent logical and problem solving skills
· Certified Scrum Master. Certification should be obtained at-least a year back and should have been a Scrum Master from then till now.
· 7+ years of experience working within a Software Development team in a supervisory function.
· 2+ years of experience managing one or more scrum teams and has diligently followed Agile values and principles in the entirety of the 2 years.
1.3 Nice to have
· Experience in product development using a standard Framework.
· HRIS system and application knowledge.
2 Interpersonal Skills
· Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff. Self-Motivated, team player actions and results oriented.
· Ability to work under tight project deadlines