Requisition #: 72048
Job Title: Principal Software Architect
Country: United States
State: New York
City: New York
Employment Status: Full Time
Principal Software Architect
Global Human Capital Management Team
As the world's largest B2B cloud company and an industry pioneer in SaaS, ADP continues to be a global leader in technology for HR and Human Capital Management. Our investments in technology increase every year to develop simpler, more elegant solutions to deliver our unique breadth of offerings to clients.
ADP Innovation Labs are a natural evolution for ADP. We have existing teams focused on the enhancements and support of today's client offerings, and through the ADP Innovation Labs, we have ongoing investments in finding great new ideas for the future. Both are essential to continuing our long history of success. Many of our core solutions in the US and across our International products are leveraging new capabilities incubated in the lab and will continue to roll out another wave of new innovations this year.
ADP is expanding its Innovation labs and building a start up style operation in NYC in order to accelerate new technical innovation across UI, Search, Big Data, Social...etc., The concept and vision behind the strategy is "Innovate like a Startup" with the goal of delivering highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions to the market. Our goal for the expansion of the Innovation Labs is to have specialized teams of superstars focused in these areas to keep pace with market trends and quickly incubate and deliver capabilities that will dramatically increase the value of our solutions for clients. They will drive our next gen user experiences, designs and technologies which will be incorporated into our products & platforms and make their way into the next wave of solutions for ADP.
135 W. 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
Responsibilities: Experience, Skills, Academic:
• Designing technical architectures for complex solutions
• Providing technical and thought leadership on agile teams
• Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g., TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
• Code review and mentorship of other developers on agile team
• Collaborating with product owners, stakeholders and potentially globally distributed teams
• Masters / Bachelors' in Computer Science or related field, or 4 years of relevant work experience
• Minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience in designing large scale solution architectures
• Knowledge of one of the following languages C#, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Scala
• Familiarity with client side MVC frameworks, preferably Backbone.js
• Experience with at least one major server side web development stack, preferably MVC or JSF
• Technical knowledge of the least one major RDBMS, preferably SQL Server
• Ideally, experience with a NoSQL database, preferably MongoDB
• Experience with Agile as software development methodology
About ADP: We power organizations with insightful solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 60+ years of experience as a world-wide leader of business outsourcing solutions.
ADP is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
The Benefits of a Career at ADP:
At ADP, our associates are the key to our success! At ADP you will enjoy a vibrant and diverse organization with exceptional leadership committed to providing every associate with career building opportunities. Our environment is fast paced and dynamic with work/life initiatives that allow for individual goals to be realized. ADP offers benefits that are second to none.
Some Benefits Include:
• Pension Plan
• Company Matched 401K
• Stock Purchase Plan
• Personal Days
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Corporate Discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Bonus
Plus, you will have access to our extensive offering of on-line and instructor led training which is made available to all associates through our Global Learning.
The TOP reasons to ADVANCE your career ADP !!!
• #28 on the Chief Learning Officer Learning Elite list
• TOP NOTCH benefits package, 401K and Pension plan, along with numerous company perks for all associates
• ComputerWorld Top 100 Best Places to Work in I/T
• InformationWeek: Ranked 7th of top business technology innovators
• Fortune's list of America's Most Admired Companies
• DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
• Forbes list of The World's Most Innovative Companies
• Diversity MBA Magazine: "50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work"
• One of only 4 AAA rated organizations by Standard & Poor’s
• Corporate Equality Index: 100% rating and “Best Places to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation for LGBT employees
• Ranked # 1 by Fortune Magazine in the payroll services
• Working Mother Magazine Best Places to Work
• Invested more than $12 million in tools and programs over the last three years to enhance our employees
• Equality Company of the Year
• Training Magazine Rank #17 of the Top 125
Requisition # 72048 Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Software Development
Locations: United States, New York, NY