Requisition #: 66284
Job Title: Senior Director Software Development
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
Senior Director Software Development
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it – for our clients and colleagues around the world. Whether it’s the latest in mobile apps, the best in operating platforms or the most secure systems – Information Technology plays a critical role in ADP’s growth. ADP is recognized as an innovation leader, and is on the Forbes list of the top 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World and is ranked in the Top 50 on IDG’s Computerworld list of the 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology (IT).
Technology at ADP. It’s the foundation of the products and services that have made us a world-wide leader in workforce solutions. With us, you can combine technical skills and business acumen, to effectively consult as well as solve technical challenges. You have the opportunity to train on leading-edge technologies that continually redefine what’s possible in our industry.
Senior Director Software Development
5800 Windward Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30005
High-Visibility leadership opportunity for an outstanding development professional with a proven track record of innovation, enterprise architecture and strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is able to deliver results in a fast paced environment by rapidly evolving industry leading web-based enterprise applications to take advantage of the latest technology.
• Able to balance long-term strategic direction with client success and market growth. Experience, Skills, Academic:
• Application development managers oversee the application development activities and are responsible for new development and/or maintenance of software products, features, components and tools.
• Responsibilities include directing technology, architecture, project and functional management efforts during the software development lifecycle.
• Collaboration with external teams and related functional areas such as product management, service, implementation, and project management to ensure products meet high quality standards and that available time, capital, human, technological, and information resources are optimized.
• Participation in setting of and tracking against strategic goals and department objectives.
• Staffing management including hiring exceptional candidates, career planning, mentoring, and performance management. Participates in long range strategy, planning, prioritization, and scheduling for the product and department work flow.
• Providing technical and product direction to achieve performance, functionality, and usability.
• Personal attributes: a high degree of collaboration and partnership with other peer development organizations, product management, business unit clients, and end users to produce innovative solutions and establish business priorities.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relate technical discipline
• 12+ years of relevant software and engineering experience
• 5+ years of people management experience
• Proven ability to deliver robust, user-centric enterprise web-based applications
• Track record of attracting, developing and retaining key talent; builds high performance teams
• Hires and develops great people
• Relentlessly high standards for technical architecture and code quality
• Focus on client and user experience
• Drives continuous innovation and improvement, keeps up to date on technological change Collaborative approach, ability to influence partner teams to adopt new technology and processes
• Experience with Agile Development Process
o Enterprise Application development, distributed systems
o Java based server technology
o Leveraging and integrating open source components
o Oracle, No SQL, and SQL Server database technology
o Responsive Web Design
o Implementation of metadata frameworks that cover UI, Web-service; business logic and backend persistence
o Web Service technology including REST, JSON, SOAP
o Enterprise Application development
o Distributed Systems
o Performance and Scalability
o Infrastructure (High Availability and Disaster Recovery)
About ADP: We power organizations with insightful solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 60+ years of experience as a world-wide leader of business outsourcing solutions. ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
The Benefits of a Career at ADP:
At ADP, our associates are the key to our success! At ADP you will enjoy a vibrant and diverse organization with exceptional leadership committed to providing every associate with career building opportunities. Our environment is fast paced and dynamic with work/life initiatives that allow for individual goals to be realized. ADP offers benefits that are second to none.
Some Benefits Include:
• Pension Plan
• Company Matched 401K
• Stock Purchase Plan
• Personal Days
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Corporate Discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Bonus
Plus, you will have access to our extensive offering of on-line and instructor led training which is made available to all associates through our Global Learning.
The TOP reasons to ADVANCE your career ADP !!!
• #28 on the Chief Learning Officer Learning Elite list
• TOP NOTCH benefits package, 401K and Pension plan, along with numerous company perks for all associates
• ComputerWorld Top 100 Best Places to Work in I/T
• InformationWeek: Ranked 7th of top business technology innovators
• Fortune's list of America's Most Admired Companies
• DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
• Forbes list of The World's Most Innovative Companies
• Diversity MBA Magazine: "50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work"
• One of only 4 AAA rated organizations by Standard & Poor’s
• Corporate Equality Index: 100% rating and “Best Places to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation for LGBT employees
• Ranked # 1 by Fortune Magazine in the payroll services
• Working Mother Magazine Best Places to Work
• Invested more than $12 million in tools and programs over the last three years to enhance our employees
• Equality Company of the Year
• Training Magazine Rank #17 of the Top 125
Requisition # 66284 Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Software Development
Locations: United States, Alpharetta, GA