Requisition #: 76578
Job Title: Chief Architect
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join the TotalSource Product Development organization responsible for delivering the flagship Web-based application, MyTotalSource, and back office technologies for ADP’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
As the Chief Architect for TotalSource, you will be responsible for providing technology leadership, consultation, and direction for the TotalSource applications and internal systems. Work closely with all IT groups and business departments to identify technology needs and promote best practices across shared systems. Collaborate with ADP’s Enterprise Architecture group to develop new frameworks and technologies enabling rapid new feature development as well as integration with ADP applications. In addition to client facing web applications, this position will be responsible for overseeing the internal applications developed for our Sales, Implementation, and Service organizations.
Experience, Skills, Academic:
- Define the principles, standards and processes that guide technology decisions for the Development and IT teams.
- Provide internal consulting services to development managers and engineers for activities and solutions engineering. Mentor Development on new tools and technologies.
- Ensure best practices and compliance with development standards for tools, system design, coding, security, reliability, and scalability.
- Assist with data modeling, process flow analysis, and definition and refinement of business processes.
- Troubleshoot performance issues, and provide tuning analysis and recommendations.
- Promote industry best practices for performance modeling, testing and tuning techniques.
- Ensure that systems analysis, design and execution plans are based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as being able to rectify gaps and pain points with the current state.
- Oversee and facilitate the evaluation and selection software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the technical architecture, and identify when necessary to modify technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture implementation and modification activities, particularly for new and/or shared features and solutions.
- Document necessary technical architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
Requirements and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or a related study, or equivalent experience.
Seven to 10 years of experience and knowledge in the following:
- Web application architecture within a large-scale hosted environment.
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA) with emphasis on RESTful services.
- Object oriented design and programming with a focus on Java or .NET.
- Familiar with messaging patterns and ESB concepts.
- SQL and Database architecture.
- Major application servers and middleware.
- Experience developing responsive web applications.
- HR, Benefits, and Payroll domain experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
Additional Requirements and Credentials:
- Understanding of the organization environment and how to navigate in matrix role.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Ability to understand the strategy and tactical plans for addressing situations.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Works well with others, a team player.
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength. Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Architecture Development
Locations: United States, Alpharetta, GA