Requisition #: 68780
Job Title: Manager, Quality Assurance
Employment Status: Full Time
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it – for our clients and colleagues around the world. Whether it’s the latest in mobile apps, the best in operating platforms or the most secure systems – Information Technology plays a critical role in ADP’s growth. ADP is recognized as an innovation leader, and is on the Forbes list of the top 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World and is ranked in the Top 50 on IDG’s Computerworld list of the 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology (IT).
The Manager, Quality Assurance guides a global team of QA Analysts through all phases of concurrent projects, and ensures the quality and successful delivery of all project deliverables. Projects involve certifying releases of ADP Canada’s hosted applications that span the payroll, HR, time/labour and benefits domains and typically involve a high level of complexity due to solutions spanning multiple products, technologies, and geographically distributed teams.
The Manager, QA has expertise in establishing a strong QA practice including a demonstrated ability to create and foster strong teams, implement and execute appropriate quality processes and standards, as well as a track record for solid QA execution and overall product/release quality. The Manager will have a thorough understanding of industry practices in the areas of manual testing and test automation. The Manager, QA will have responsibility and accountability for each QA plan established and executed. Quality Assurance sign-off, including risk assessment, in support of releases transitioning to production, will be the accountability of the QA Manager.
The Manager QA will have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships within the QA team, across the development organization and more broadly with other stakeholders inside and outside of Technology. The Manager will have an understanding of current business objectives, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs to meet those goals with sound business judgment.
· Guide the QA associates through the process of QA strategy, planning, project team work allocation, scheduling and identification of deliverables
· In alignment with business and project objectives, ownership for:
- Test strategy
- Test planning,
- QA team deliverable (ie. test cases, etc.) review with peers and key project team members.
· Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team:
- Responsible for ensuring that QA team has a thorough understanding of the solution being developed/ delivered.
§ Changes or capabilities being made by the development team
§ Expected business usage scenarios – by priority and function.
- Identify incremental tools or resources required in order to ensure project will deliver a quality product.
· Responsible for the quality of the released product; Provide QA sign-off and, if applicable, risk assessment, to Product Development Senior Management .
- Responsible for ensuring that there is the appropriate communication and visibility of progress, quality and other issues related to each project delivery. Responsible for identifying and escalating risks and for proposing risk mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring that there is effective and appropriate communication occurring within the QA project team and between QA and the rest of the Development team.
· Investigate, identify and facilitate issue resolution, as necessary. Responsible for ensuring root cause analysis is performed. Implement improvements in order to strengthen team’s ability to deliver in the future.
· Responsible for the identification and implementation of QA process improvements (process standardization, methodology improvements and implementation, tool utilization) leveraging industry best practices, as appropriate
· Status Reporting:
- Accountable for providing a consolidated view of the release quality and test execution progress. Escalate when release quality and/or progress is not in line with plan or exit criteria.
- Responsible for identifying issues and risks throughout the project and employing risk mitigation strategies, as appropriate.
- Identify solutions to issues and challenges encountered by the team. Work with project leadership to implement/resolve.
· Ownership for test automation roadmap. Ensure automation capabilities are in line with business and delivery needs, deliver tangible value through improved release quality and shorter regression cycles.
· Manage vendor projects and interactions in support of critical ADP project deliverables.
· Ensure the highest level of quality is delivered in releases and implementations.
· Measure and improve the client satisfaction level of the services provided, and develop action plans focused on the elimination of service gaps between expectations and performance.
· Seek opportunities for leveraging cost advantages of “off-shore” development. Be prepared to work with remote associates in different time zones through project execution, with requirements for occasional travel within North America or to India.
· Responsible for functional management for team of QA associates. Provide coaching and career development support. Assess performance and provide ongoing feedback to the associates.
· Responsible for the recruitment of new team members and for ensuring that the appropriate team structure and leadership roles are in place.
· Working level knowledge of the products. Able to personally replicate issues being reported by the team in order to provide guidance to both the QA as well as Development on the priority action items.
Experience, Skills, Academic: REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, preferred
Minimum 5 years experience working in a Manager, Quality Assurance role
Proven track record establishing solid QA test strategies and plans.
Strong knowledge of QA and software testing methodologies in support of a variety of software development methodologies with preference for Scrum Agile experience
Understand architectural and requirement documents, functional specifications, high level design and system documentation.
Design, development and execution of automated tests using HP’s QTP.
Networking concepts and experience analyzing network traffic data
Strong understanding of Internet architecture and browsers
Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL
Web development and software programming experience is preferred.
Test strategies for web-based applications preferably in the Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor Management or HR space a plus!
About ADP: We power organizations with insightful solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 60+ years of experience as a world-wide leader of business outsourcing solutions.
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Quality Assurance
Locations: Canada, Mississauga, ON